Apology For Nuclear Weapons And Nuclear Weapons Honesty
By Mary Hamer
29 February, 2012
*PURPOSE: This essay is a Theoretical Speech that I, Mary Hamer would give to the United Nations, If I were President Obama & If he was to Apologize to the world for Nuclear Weapons. Here is my speech regarding Nuclear weapons honesty:
UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY: Date: March 1, 2012.
*President Obama, addressing the General Assembly of the United Nations:
Mr. President, Mr. Secretary-General, fellow delegates & To all those assembled here today:
NUCLEAR WEAPONS HONESTY:
*Today March 1st, 2012: I, President Obama of the United States would like to Apologize to the world for the U.S. invention of & for the U.S. use of Nuclear weapons to kill human beings. I am making this Apology in the spirit of Nuclear Weapons honesty. I, hereby Apologize: To you, to the human race, to all future generations & to the planet Earth for the United States invention & use of Nuclear weapons to kill people. Hence, America takes responsibility for putting the world at risk for Nuclear war & for the destruction of the Earth. As a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, I acknowledge that past U.S. actions & U.S. denial of Nuclear responsibility -- are hindering the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) (1) in the Middle East & elsewhere. How can the United States demand that Iran follow the NPT & How can the U.S. criticize Israel’s Nuclear ambiguity -- If America has arsenals of Nuclear warheads & If we bombed Hiroshima & Nagasaki & killed people -- & If we can’t admit those facts to the international community? I am making a bold move here to Apologize for Nuclear weapons. There will be many critics of this Nuclear Apology. For example, there will be those who feel that Imperialism, hegemony, capitalism & the Manifest Destiny (2) justify the invention, possession & use of nuclear weapons. Also, War hawks & other pro-war groups will strongly oppose this Nuclear Apology. – But the use of Nuclear weapons is never justified.
*KEY SECTIONS to this NUCLEAR APOLOGY:
I. NPT Addendum. II. TRINITY. III. HIROSHIMA & NAGASAKI. I.V. CONCLUSION.
I. NUCLEAR NON-PROLIFERATION TREATY:
*As a result of this Nuclear Apology, I am creating a 4th Pillar to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty -- to add to the other 3 pillars of the NPT: #1. Non-Proliferation, #2. Disarmament. #3. The right to peacefully use Nuclear technology. (3) & The newly added pillar: #4. The U.S. Apology for Nuclear Weapons.
II. TRINITY & The MANHATTAN PROJECT:
*“The Manhattan Project was a research & development program, led by the United States … that produced the 1st atomic bomb during WWII.” (4) On July 16th 1945 at 5:29 AM in the New Mexico desert, the United States exploded the first nuclear bomb on the planet Earth called Trinity. (5) I, President Obama, officially Apologize to the world for this 1st nuclear bomb detonation. Einstein said: “I made one great mistake in my life … When I signed the letter to President Roosevelt recommending that atom bombs be made”. (6) Trinity symbolizes the worst thing that the human race invented in all of history.
III. HIROSHIMA & NAGASAKI:
*I, President Obama formally apologize to the world community for the United States atomic bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki during WWII that acutely killed many people including civilians & that caused many latent deaths including radiation sickness & cancer deaths. (7) Also, there are many other arguments against the Hiroshima & Nagasaki bombings which include: #1. Japan was ready to surrender. (8) #2. Hiroshima & Nagasaki were Fundamentally Immoral. #3. The Bombings were War Crimes. #4. The Bombings were State Terrorism. #5. Hiroshima & Nagasaki were Militarily Unnecessary. #6. The Nagasaki Bombing was Especially Unnecessary. #7. Racism against the Japanese. #8. Dehumanization. (9) #9.Genocide. (10) #10. Ego-based behavior to impress Russia (11) #11. The Violation of Just War principles. (12) #12. The Fraud of the Bombs Save Lives argument. (13)
*CONCLUSION: In Conclusion, I President Obama officially Apologize to the human race, to future generations & to the planet Earth for the United States invention & use of Nuclear weapons to kill people & that puts the Earth at risk for Nuclear war & total destruction. It is my hope that with America’s open & full disclosure regarding our role in the Nuclear weapons race – that other countries of the world will respect us for our honesty & thereby abide by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. To the United Nations General Assembly, I humbly ask you to accept this Apology for Nuclear weapons.
Thank you. Respectfully & Humbly, Mary Hamer, M.D. U.S.A.
1. en.wikipedia.org. Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Introduction. Referencing: #1. www.un.org . Disarmament. & #2. Ambassador Sudjadnan Parnohadiningrat. 4/26/4 . United Nations. New York . 3 rd Session of the Preparatory committee for the 2005 Review conference of the Parties to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. Furnished by the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Indonesia to the United Nations.
2. en.wikipedia.org. Manifest Destiny.
3. en.wikipedia.org. Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Introduction. Referencing: #1. www.un.org . Disarmament. & #2. Ambassador Sudjadnan Parnohadiningrat. 4/26/4 . United Nations. New York . 3 rd Session of the Preparatory committee for the 2005 Review conference of the Parties to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. Furnished by the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Indonesia to the United Nations.
4. en.wikipedia.org. Manhattan Project.
5. en.wikipedia.org. Trinity Nuclear Test.
6. www.doug-long.com : Hiroshima : Who Disagreed with the Atomic bombing? Albert Einstein Section: Referencing Ronald Clark, Einstein: The Life & Times. Pg 620.
7. en.wikipedia.org. Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki.
8. Messages to the World. The Statements of Osama bin laden. Edited by Bruce Lawrence. Translated by James Howarth. Verso Publishing. C. 2005. Chapter #16. Letter to the Americans 10/6/2 .
9. en.wikipedia.org: Decision over the Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki. View Date: 8/1/9.
10. www.hrweb.org : United Nations Convention on the Prevention & Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
11. www.newscientist.com : Hiroshima Bomb May Have Carried Hidden Agenda. By Rob Edwards. 2005.
12. en.wikipedia.org: Just War: Jus in Bello Principles. Referencing: Childress, James. 1978. Just-War Theories: The Bases, Interrelations, Priorities & Functions of the Criteria. Theological Studies. 39: 427-45.
13. en.wikipedia.org. Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki.
Mary Hamer is a medical doctor who writes Earth, human & animal rights essays.
Comments are not moderated. Please be responsible and civil in your postings and stay within the topic discussed in the article too. If you find inappropriate comments, just Flag (Report) them and they will move into moderation que.